Browse the Archives
Private Prison Blog
Since March 2007 Justice Strategies, in cooperation with Grassroots Leadership, has operated Texas Prison Bid’ness, a blog that keeps Texans and others around the country informed of developments in the private prison capital of the world.
Children of Incarcerated Parents Blog
The first national blog dedicated to exploring the impact of parental incarceration on children and families.
- 07/27/16 - Incarceration and the Right to Childhood: What the U.S. Can Learn From South Africa
- 06/20/16 - #BlackDadsMatter: Mass Incarceration is Robbing Children of Their Fathers. Here's How to Fix It.
- 05/31/16 - Does anyone prioritize the needs of our children?
- 04/20/16 - Breaking the Cycle: A Family-focused Approach to Criminal Sentencing in Illinios
- 03/09/16 - Make it Quick: The Kids Only Have 24 Hours with Dad
- 02/27/16 - United Nations Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent Speaks to the Best Interests of Children of Incarcerated Parents
- 02/23/16 - Washington Update
- 12/02/15 - Incarceration Generation: Families Left Behind
- 11/02/15 - Sentencing Parents, Sentencing Children: Trick or Treat Halloween Without Mom or Dad
- 09/30/15 - Family Sentencing Alternatives: Oregon's New Pilot Program